|There are nine important questions you should ask before choosing a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to supply nationally recognised qualifications for your staff.
1. What training is provided to clients?
Any person undertaking a traineeship or qualification with NDA is entitled to attend any relevant NDA training courses that align to units on their training plan free of charge. If a trainee wishes to attend any other courses they may attend at a 20% discount. Few RTOs provide face-to-face training with qualifications.
2. What support is offered to clients?
An NDA assessor will visit both the trainee and the trainee’s supervisor regularly and provide progress reports after each assessment visit. All trainees receive free phone support from the NDA Help Desk.
3. How much will it cost to provide the qualification?
NDA has competitive prices for staff who are not eligible for either State funding, or Federal incentives.
4. Are there any additional costs for resources, workshops or administration?
NDA does not charge employers any extra costs for resources, workshops or fees to administer new staff qualifications.
5. Will the same trainer/assessor be provided throughout the qualification?
A full-time NDA assessor will be assigned to your staff member and will provide support through the entire qualification – many RTOs use contract assessors who often change during a qualification.
6. What flexible training options are offered?
NDA offers flexible training options to suit the needs of the business and the individual, including face-to-face training/assessment, self-paced learning resources, and/or access to online services.
7. In what areas of Tasmania does the RTO operate?
NDA has professionally equipped training centres in Hobart, Launceston and Devonport – we provide a consistent service statewide.
8. When was the RTO established?
NDA was established in 1985 and has provided quality training for 25 years – we will still be here to support your staff after many other training organisations have disappeared.
9. Is the RTO Tasmanian-owned and operated?
NDA is a 100% Tasmanian-owned and managed company – the expertise and the benefits circulate in Tasmania