Studies indicate that, properly managed, online and blended learning can be an effective adjunct to more traditional forms of computer training.
The potential advantages of online learning include:
- The flexibility to deliver training at any time to staff in any geographic location.
- Reduced time away from the workplace.
- Reduced travelling and accommodation costs.
- Speed of roll out.
- Consistency of content.
- Ability to manage and monitor success and return on investment.
The potential disadvantages of online learning include:
- It is not well suited to people without a sufficiently strong IT background to use the software.
- Many people prefer the interaction of a classroom group.
- It requires a higher degree of motivation and commitment than instructor-led training.
For these reasons, we recommend online learning as part of a blended learning program. A blended learning program might include:
- An initial seminar to outline options and give people an opportunity to ask questions.
- A hands on training session to demonstrate log on, log off and operating procedures for the online learning software environment.
- An appropriate mix of on line and instructor led tuition.
As an accredited Microsoft IT Academy, NDA has access to the entire suite of Microsoft online courseware. For a fixed fee you can have unlimited access for a period of one year to the online learning packages you require.